When healthcare travel staffing firms evaluate job candidates, they have certain criteria in mind, criteria that are especially important for those who travel and have to acclimate to different working conditions on a routine basis. These are traits that healthcare professionals need if they are going to be successful. Here are a few of the most important.
- Travel staffing firms and healthcare organizations are looking for people who are adaptable to different job conditions. People, for example, who are comfortable working different shifts and being on call. With traveling healthcare professionals, flexibility with taking time off is also a plus, especially since most travel assignments are only 13 weeks long. So, in general, a willingness to be flexible with different circumstances will make you a more attractive job candidate.
- If you specialize in a certain area of practice, such as a neonatal nurse or a clinical nurse specialist, orthopedic nurse or pediatric endocrinology nurse, this will increase your value to potential employers and give you more opportunities. Also, if you have worked in a teaching hospital, children’s hospital, stroke or trauma center, this will also make you a more attractive job candidate, regardless of your area of specialization.
- Experience with electronic health records. Most healthcare organizations and practices have some form of electronic records, so being proficient in the use of this platform will also raise your value to agencies and employers. Getting yourself up to speed quickly on the particular type of system an organization has will naturally make you a more attractive candidate, especially if you can help to train others.
- Every employer is looking for workers who are energetic, engaged with what they do and looking to improve. These are people who work well with others, and really care about their patients.
- Good communication skills. No matter what job you have, good communication skills are a necessity, and this is especially true in healthcare. Often, healthcare professionals work as part of a team and need to communicate with other team members on caregiving. So, being able to express yourself well, in speaking and writing, will make you a sought-after job candidate.
MedPro Healthcare Staffing is a Joint Commission-certified healthcare staffing agency dedicated to helping travel healthcare professionals find the job that best fits their skills, interests, and work styles. We work with all of the allied health professions, including PTs, OTs, speech therapists, pharmacists, and nurses. Give us a call today or click below to apply now.