MedPro Blog

What to Expect During Visa Screening and Processing

If you’re a healthcare professional interested in working within the United States, read below for a brief description of what you can expect during our visa screening and processing.

MedPro Healthcare Staffing has abundant opportunities for healthcare professionals.

Be aware that you must have passed any and all U.S. licensing exams for your profession within the state(s) you wish to work before applying for a visa.

First, your employer (that would be MedPro Healthcare Staffing or another travel healthcare staffing agency) needs to get labor certification approval from the U.S. Department of Labor. We’ll then need to file what is known as the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). We most likely will file the Form I-140 that designates you as what is known as “Employment Third Preference (E3): Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers).”

Once the USCIS approves our petition, they send it to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC then assigns a case number to our petition. You – or your attorney – will then receive a “fee bill” that asks for payment in advance of all government processing fees for you. Once you pay the fees, the NVC will forward your packet to you or your attorney that contains biographical information forms that you’ll need to complete, as well as a list of documents you’ll need to submit.

Once you’ve submitted the forms, the NVC will schedule an appointment for an Immigrant Visa for you at the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your country.

Applying for a visa here in the United States can take weeks or months. We’ll help you here from our end as much as we can, but the responsibility for applying for and working your way through the visa process is yours, not ours. You should research the process thoroughly. For more information, check out the NVC’s Immigrant Visa Processing site.

Also, be sure to check out our blog on tips for finding healthcare jobs in the United States.

We urge any healthcare professional – registered nurse, medical technologist (ASCPI), physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech language pathologist, etc. – from a foreign country who can obtain licensure here in the United States and is interested in different assignments within the U.S. to contact a recruiter at MedPro Healthcare Staffing. We’d love to talk to you about our many opportunities. Contact us today or click below to apply now.

Apply Now Allied Apply Now Nurses