If you’re a registered nurse with at least one or two years’ recent experience caring for mothers and their babies in an acute care setting, have we got a terrific job for you: A hospital in Texas needs a traveling mother/baby RN to care for these vulnerable patients in an acute care setting. (Contact our office for the exact Texas location.)
In this position, you will among other things, ensure patients receive terrific care by monitoring and modifying (as applicable and indicated by patients’ conditions and responses to treatment) your patients’ medical care, including physical activity and diet.
You’ll prepare patients for, and will assist other members of the medical team with, treatments and examinations.
You’ll also be working closely with your patients’ family members and/or other groups/individuals as you educate them on topics such as disease prevention, childbirth and health. You’ll also develop health improvement programs.
In addition, you’ll monitor, report and record changes or symptoms in your patients’ conditions, and you’ll maintain detailed and accurate records and reports.
You must hold an active RN license for Texas (we can help you acquire one). You also need to have your credential or degree from an accredited nursing program. You also need to hold BLS and ACLS certifications.
As for the benefits of working as a traveler for MedPro Healthcare Staffing, we provide:
- Extremely flexible scheduling. Want to work one assignment (average length: 13 weeks) and then take three months off? You can. Want to work across the country or across town? You can. Want to take vacations before or after your assignment? We can work with you!
- We provide private housing in clean, comfortable and safe apartments. Or we can give you a healthy housing stipend so that you may find your own accommodations.
- MedPro has partnerships with some of the country’s top healthcare facilities.
- We provide paid-for life and disability insurance, as well as group health benefits from Aetna.
- We also can help you gain the necessary licenses to practice in various states. We also help cover some of the costs of licensure.
If ever you’ve thought about what it’s like to work as a healthcare traveler, don’t hesitate to contact one of our recruiters. In addition, take a look at the many travel assignments we have available and then contact us!