If you are a pharmacist, you may be considering a job as a traveling healthcare professional. Naturally, there are advantages and disadvantages to every type of job situation. But as you weigh the pros and cons, here are five reasons why traveling can be beneficial to you and your career.
- You enjoy on-the-job variety. As a traveling healthcare professional, you get to choose where you want to work, and what type of healthcare organization you want to work for. You avoid what can become a dull routine of going to the same job at the same place for years. You get to experience a lot of different locations and work settings. It gives you a variety that keeps things interesting and exciting.
- You will learn new skills. As you take on assignments in different pharmacy settings, possibly even in different parts of the country, you will have to adapt to different ways of doing things. Each facility has its own procedures and techniques. You may be asked to take on new and different responsibilities. You will gain new skills and knowledge as you learn the different methods of operation at each location.
- Traveling looks good on a resume. As you travel and work at different locations, gaining new skills and experience, you will become more valuable to employers. You will have several distinct advantages over those who have spent their career in only one place. Employers will know that you can adapt to different situations and people. They know you have experience in a wide variety of pharmacy settings. All of this is a plus when going for that next job.
- It helps with networking. As you move around, you will meet different people in your field. It is an opportunity to expand your network of professional pharmacy contacts. They might be helpful down the road when you are looking for employment or a reference.
- Travel itself is life enhancing. As you move from place to place, you get to see different areas of the country and meet new people. You broaden your experience and outlook. You get to see and experience a lot of different things. You become more worldly. Travel itself is an adventure, exposing you to something new all the time.
If you are an experienced pharmacist or pharmacy technician who is interested in traveling, MedPro Healthcare Staffing can find the right position for you. We are Joint Commission certified and are among the top travel staffing agencies for all types of healthcare professionals – nurses, pharmacists, speech therapists, PTs and OTs. Contact us today.