At MedPro, we’re dedicated to your long-term career success. As part of our commitment to you, we’d like to highlight one of our featured jobs, currently accepting applications. Or, you can visit our website [Link to www.medprostaffing.com] to learn about the other travel healthcare jobs available at MedPro.
This month’s featured travel healthcare career opportunity is for a travel occupational therapist, in Lakeland, FL. As a 13-week assignment, with day shifts, you’ll have just enough time to soak up some sun, and take advantage of this Central Florida hotspot.
Located halfway between Orlando and Tampa, Lakeland has all the charm of small-town Florida living, with easy access to beaches, theme parks, and other highlights of the region. Some of the more popular destinations for Lakeland residents include:
- Hollis Garden – Right in Lakeland is Hollis Garden, a 1.2 acre botanical garden set in neo-classical architecture. Located on historic Lake Mirror, Hollis Garden has thousands of flowering plants, ornamental shrubs, historic trees, and other vegetation.
- Walt Disney World Resort – Lakeland is just a half hour drive away from the Happiest Place on Earth. Live like a local, and stop by Epcot for an evening of fine wine and dinner, or hop on one of your favorite childhood attractions. Florida residents get special pricing on tickets, and if you’re looking for more than a day trip, hotel accommodations. Lakeland is just far enough to avoid the tourist crush, while offering an extremely short drive to the most popular vacation destination in the world.
- Universal Studios Orlando – About a 45-minute drive from Lakeland, Universal Studios complements the theme park capital of the world, with shows and attractions based off many of your favorite movies and television shows.
- Major Sports Teams – Just a short drive from Lakeland can lead you to a variety of professional sports teams, including the NBA Orlando Magic, the NHL Tampa Bay Lightning, the NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the MLB Tampa Bay Rays.
- Busch Gardens Tampa – Offering plenty of thrill rides and animal exhibits, Busch Gardens is just a short drive away from Lakeland.
- Lowry Park Zoo – This Tampa institution has been recognized as the #1 zoo in the country by several reputable family magazines. Take an afternoon and enjoy the exhibits and gorgeous creatures at the zoo.
- Shopping – Whether you’re interested in high-end fashion or one-of-a-kind shopping, Tampa, Florida offers a wealth of shopping opportunities. One of Tampa’s oldest neighborhoods, Hyde Park, features an eclectic mix of shops in a historic district of mansions and bungalows. Another Tampa institution, Ybor City, offers a collection of vintage clothing, coffee shops, art galleries, and nightclubs.
Interested in the prime location and assortment of cultural and recreational activities Lakeland has to offer? Simply apply online, and a MedPro representative will contact you promptly.