Are you an experienced labor and delivery nurse? If so, contact a MedPro Healthcare Staffing recruiter as we are looking for an L&D RN for a travel assignment in California.
In this assignment, you will you provide support and care for women as they move through their delivery process (before, during and after the delivery of their child). You will be responsible for ensuring that a patient’s emotional as well as medical needs are met throughout her entire time with our client.
Also known as perinatal nurses, the duties of travel L&D nurses include:
- Providing care to women and their newly born child during antepartum, intrapartum , postpartum, and neonatal stages.
- Monitoring the vital signs of both baby and mother during the birthing process.
- Monitoring your patient for potential high-risk issues.
- Supporting and educating mothers, their partners and other family members after the baby is born.
To be considered for this travel assignment, you must have:
- An active and current license as a Registered Nurse.
- A degree from an accredited nursing program.
- ACLS, BLS, PALS AWHONN, and NRP certifications.
- At least two years of recent experience in an L&D and acute care labor setting.
Your salary will be on a per diem basis and while we can’t tell you here what that per diem will be, we can mention that Indeed.com reports that L&D nurses throughout California earn an average salary of $102,000.
Please contact our office to learn where in California this assignment will take you.
As a MedPro employee, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Access to the travel healthcare staffing industry’s top recruiters, as well as some of the country’s best healthcare facilities.
- Flexible scheduling made around your needs.
- Paid-for, private housing in comfortable and modern apartment complexes, or a healthy housing stipend if you’d prefer to find your own accommodations.
- Company-paid disability and life insurance.
- Group health benefits from Aetna.
- Full travel reimbursement.
- Help with licensure requirements, as well as licensure reimbursement.
- Employer-matched 401(k)
- Referral bonuses
MedPro Healthcare Staffing is a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency and we are known throughout the healthcare travel sector as one of the best staffing firms in the country. We are here to help healthcare professionals find travel assignments that fit their goals, skills and interests. Whether you’re a nurse, PT, OT, speech therapist, pharmacist, or other allied health professional, contact us today.