Congratulations on getting your first or tenth travel assignment! We know you’re excited, and to help make your assignment go as smoothly as possible, remember to take the following documents with you.
- Make sure you have copies of all professional licenses for the state(s) in which you’ll be traveling. (Your staffing service should help you get those licenses/permissions if you don’t have them.)
- Proof that you’ve had your annual flu vaccination. If you don’t have it, or haven’t had a flu shot in a while, a staffing service such as MedPro Healthcare Staffing should be able to help you arrange for it.
- Results (titre) lab values for rubeola, varicella and rubella, Hepatitus C and B and mumps titres also are a good idea to bring with you.
- Your staffing service can help you get the proper state license credentials, but if you have certain states in mind, you should start the licensing process as soon as possible. Doing so can help you get a leg up on the great last-minute assignments that constantly pop up.
- IF required by your profession (nursing, for example), your BCLS and ACLS certifications, as well as CPR certifications.
- Several copies of your resume/CV.
- A sheet with emergency contact information for family and friends.
- Your driver’s license. You also should bring a few clear color copies of the license. Be sure to keep them in a secure place.
- You’ll also want to bring your staffing firm’s orientation packet, as well some extra copies of your W-4 form, copies of the I-9 form, your employment agreement, etc.
Once you’ve completed an assignment, let your staffing manager know of any new skills you’ve acquired, as well as any new certifications or licenses you may have secured while on assignment.
Interested in taking on some traveling assignments in hospitals, clinics and other medical facilities in cities and towns across the country? If you’re an RN, OT, PT, speech therapist, pharmacist, or other allied health professional, send your resume/CV to a recruiter at MedPro Healthcare Staffing. We look forward to helping you enter this exciting career field.