If you are a traveling healthcare professional, you routinely find yourself in new locations and places that are unfamiliar. But you still have things you need to do to fulfill the demands of daily living.
It can be a worrisome situation, requiring extra research and detective work. Fortunately, in the digital age, there are electronic helpmates you can rely on. Here are a few iPhone apps that can be helpful.
- Goby. This is an app that basically helps you locate places in an area you most likely want to visit, such as museums, hotels, eateries, and other places. But it also has another feature – it can help you find local events, including concerts, plays, and others.
- GasBuddy. If you are traveling to your destination by car, this is an essential app to have. It will tell you where the closest gas stations are and also tell you what the price at the pump will be.
- Hotel Tonight. The name of this app says it all. If you need a hotel room on short notice, this app works with hotels in major cities to show room rates for those places with vacancies.
- Gate Guru. This app performs multiple functions and can be a big help if you are traveling by air. First, it can give you a map of the airport terminals. Also, it will provide you with a rating of the restaurants in the airport. And, what may be its most useful function, it can give you an approximate wait time at each security checkpoint.
- bSafe. This is a kind of electronic protection device. With the touch of a button, it sends out an emergency message to whomever you have previously chosen to get the message. It can contact any number of people. In addition, one person is also contacted by telephone.
- Guardly. This is also a digital protective device, which, like others, during an emergency contacts people whom you have previously chosen. However, Guardly goes one step further: it contacts your network of people by telephone and gives them details about the nature of your problem. It tells them your name, exact location and the nature of your emergency (for example, an allergic reaction, heart attack, or car not starting).
Whether you’re an RN, an OT, a PT, a speech therapist, a pharmacist, or another type of allied healthcare professional, if you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to work as a healthcare traveler, wonder no more. Send your resume to a recruiter at MedPro Healthcare Staffing to learn more about this exciting career opportunity.