If you’re an experienced RN with recent professional stints as a case manager, check out this travel assignment in California.
In this role, you’ll coordinate the patients’ continuity of care and act as a liaison between patients’ loved ones and the hospital or medical setting (you could be assigned to work in an HMO, long-term care facility, rehab center, school, case management company, community health organization, etc.).
Specific responsibilities also include promoting self-managed care as well as the use of healthcare/medical resources as cost-effectively as possible. You’ll also make sure that correct treatment is provided to patients at the suitable time so that patients’ health and well-being are increased.
You must have at least two years of recent professional experience in an acute care case setting, you must have a license to practice in Arizona (we’ll help you secure one), have a degree from an accredited nursing educational program, and have your BLS certifications.
Contact our office to find out where in California this assignment is located.
We can’t tell you the salary for this nurse travel position here, but Indeed.com reports that in mid-August, the average salary for a nursing case manager in California was $64,000.
The salary can vary widely, depending upon which city you work. Nursing case managers earn $63,000 in San Diego (according to Indeed.com), while those in Los Angeles earn $67,000 a year. Case managers working in San Francisco earn $87,000, while those working in Bakersfield (in California’s huge Central Valley) earn $53,000.
As a MedPro Healthcare Staffing employee (you will be on our payroll on assignment with our clients), you can expect the following benefits:
- A schedule that’s flexible and works around your needs. Want to work for 13 weeks (the average length of one of our travel assignments) and then take the next 13 off? You can!
- We provide you with a safe and comfortable apartment in a modern development. Many come with pools and on-site exercise rooms/gyms.
- If you’d prefer to find housing on your own, we provide our travelers with a healthy housing allowance.
- We offer loyalty and referral bonuses, as well as a company-paid disability and life insurance. We also give our travelers group health insurance benefits via Aetna.
- We reimburse you fully for your travel expenses.
- We also offer matching 401(k) retirement benefits
- We help you acquire the necessary licenses for different states and will reimburse you for the cost.
If you’re an experienced RN with the required experience in an acute care case setting, and you’d like to learn more about this position, contact us today.