Congratulations on landing an interview! You’re one step closer to an exciting new job, so you’ll want to do well when you meet with the hiring manager. The best way to ace your interview is simply to be prepared. This will help calm your nerves and allow you to deliver your finest performance. It’s easy with just a few important steps.
How to prepare to deliver an all-star interview.
- First, know your resume inside and out. It seems obvious, but have a good grasp on what you’ve accomplished, how your experiences helped you grow, and what you want in your career. Help the interviewer understand how your unique skill set will benefit the company if you get the position.
- To build your confidence, ask a friend or family member to practice possible interview questions with you so you can nail down how you will answer them. You may be asked questions you weren’t prepared for, but if you’re feeling on top of your game, you’ll be better equipped to think on your feet.
- Do your homework and have a few questions of your own. Read about the role you’ll be filling, the facility and its mission and vision. Check out the website for recent press releases or other facility information. Be prepared with a few questions to ask your interviewer. This will help showcase your commitment to getting hired.
- Be on time. In fact, plan to show up 15 minutes early. Timeliness shows you’re a professional and you’re taking this interview very seriously. Map out the interview location ahead of time so you know exactly where you’re going and won’t be late.
- Look sharp. You can’t go wrong with a suit. Keep jewelry to a minimum and get a haircut. Put your best foot forward. Your outward appearance can say a lot about the pride you take in yourself and your work.
Don’t forget to smile and shake hands!
When you greet your interviewer, always say hello, smile and shake his or her hand. A firm handshake goes a long way in establishing your confidence. Don’t forget to breathe. Remember that you are prepared to give your very best: relax and be proud of your hard work.
If you’re a travel healthcare professional, we’ve got you covered.
MedPro Healthcare Staffing places nurses, pharmacists, therapists and other allied healthcare professionals with travel positions across the country. To learn more about the positions we have open currently, contact MedPro Healthcare Staffing today!