One of the great perks of being a healthcare traveler is the fact that you can explore so many different regions and cities across the country.
If you’re a nature lover, that means you can visit and enjoy outdoor adventures in many different national parks, wilderness areas, hiking trails, etc., during your off hours.
Read below for some tips and resources to help you find outdoor activities in your assignment city:
- If you’re a member of AAA, your first stop might be its website (www.aaa.com). AAA offers members terrific discounts on hotels, rental cars, activities and more. Your local AAA chapter can provide you with free maps, guidebooks (which provide incredible detail about an area), and more.
- The U.S. National Park Service (www.nps.gov) is a treasure trove of information regarding parks and even historical sites. You can type “parks in Kansas City KS,” for example, in its search bar and up will pop links to the national parks within the state. The website’s homepage also provides a drop-down menu that lets you explore all national parks within any given state.
- If you’d like to visit historical sites while on assignment, the National Park Service’s site will give you a listing – as well as information as to fees, hours, directions, and things to do – for historical sites within a state.
- Wondering what types of concerts might be occurring in your assignment city/region while you’re there? Then check out PollStar.com, plug in your assignment city and see what’s coming your way.
- FestivalNet.com provides listings for craft shows, art festivals, music festivals, art shows, etc., for cities throughout the country.
- While at work, don’t forget to ask your new colleagues about the best things to do and see while you’re in town. Depending on your choice of outdoor activity (hiking, skiing, rock climbing, kayaking, sailing, etc.), there’s sure to be at least one person who can tell you where the great hiking trails, fishing holes, ski slopes, etc., are located.
- Don’t forget MeetUp.com. From improv comedy groups, to professionals in your healthcare sector, to hiking groups, dance groups, musicians, magicians, and more, MeetUp can help you meet like-minded people.
If you have a sense of adventure, are interested in a healthcare travel position, and would like to provide your much-needed RN, PT, OT, speech therapy, or pharmacy skills to hospitals and medical facilities all over the country, then contact the recruiters at MedPro Healthcare Staffing today. We look forward to helping you find your next great adventure!