Cath Lab Technologist
MedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Cath Lab Technologist for a contract with one of our top healthcare clients.
- Eighteen months prior experience in a health care setting involving knowledge of cardiac dysrhythmia is preferred.
- Achieve Monitor Tech credentials.
- Other requirements to be determined by our client facility.
- Weekly pay and direct deposit
- Full coverage of all credentialing fees
- Private housing or housing allowance
- Group Health insurance for you and your family
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Travel reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Unlimited Referral Bonuses up to $1,000
Cath Lab Technologist are responsible for watching patients' heart rates and reporting important changes to the nursing staff; they often use equipment that tracks several patients simultaneously. They help clean and maintain equipment and ensure batteries are charged and installed properly. They may also perform electrocardiographs (EKGs), which read electrical impulses sent by the heart.
- Monitors heart rhythm pattern of patients in special care unit of hospital to detect abnormal pattern variances, using telemetry equipment: Reviews patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- Observes screen of cardiac monitor and listens for alarm to identify abnormal variation in heart rhythm.
- Informs supervisor or nurse, general duty of variances to initiate examination of patient.
- Measures length and height of patient's heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout, using calipers, and posts information on patient records.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local technical and professional regulations and accepted practiced guidelines.
- Delivers quality, cost effective patient care in a professional manner.
- Works effectively to maintain an environment of excellence, which is patient focused, providing timely, compassionate, quality patient care.
- Promotes and maintains a safe work environment for both staff and customers, incorporating national patient safety initiatives.
MedPro Healthcare Staffing is a Joint Commission certified provider of contract staffing services. Since 1983, we have placed nursing and allied travelers in top healthcare facilities nationwide. Join us today for your very own MedPro Experience®.
MedPro Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status or veteran status.