Human Resources Generalist
MedPro Healthcare Staffing has been named one of 2018’s Top Workplaces in South Florida! At MedPro, we work smart, promote individual growth, and have fun while working as a team to deliver a valued service to our clients. This improves not only our lives, but the lives of the patients we serve.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus quarterly bonuses
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision life and long-term disability insurance; effective first of month after hire
- 401k with company match
The Fun Stuff
- Holiday cruise: company-paid 4-night Royal Caribbean holiday cruise to Mexico for all employees!
- Weekly raffles: over $5,000 in cash prizes awarded to staff weekly
- Fitness boot camp: personal trainer each Monday and Wednesday
- Monthly Fun Committee events: picnic, bowling, laser tag, massage and others
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting the needs of the department and overall business functions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, benefits administration, leaves of absence, and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports benefits and wellness initiatives and special activities; handles initial employee questions
- Oversees and manages the leave process including FMLA and personal leaves
- Collaborates with managers to improve employee performance. Assist by identifying issues and helping managers implement solutions including disciplinary action; coach and counsel managers and employees to achieve positive results
- Maintains in depth technical knowledge of HR best practices, federal/state/local regulations and statutes, and company HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are fully considered before HR decisions are made
- Ensures performance management process is followed and managers provide performance feedback to employees
- Coach and consult with managers and employees regarding employee relations issues and facilitate conflict resolution
- Assists employees throughout the Worker Compensation claim process and monitors employee activity as it relates to doctor recommendations.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Maintains employee personnel files
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources with a focus on payroll, FMLA, Disability and Workers Compensation, employee relations, progressive discipline, and benefits administration
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook