MedPro Healthcare Staffing is seeking an experienced Corporate Counsel to join the management team in our corporate office in Sunrise, Florida.
At MedPro Healthcare Staffing, we work smart, promote individual growth, and have fun while working as a team to deliver a valued service to our clients. This improves not only our lives, but the lives of the patients we serve.
Corporate Counsel is responsible for managing a variety of legal activities and providing legal expertise in matters relating to the operation of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice to MedPro leadership and management team to ensure the company’s interests are adequately protected
- Manage all legal activities related to the company’s international division, including contractual agreements and employment practices
- Manage any necessary litigation with outside legal firms. Support litigation efforts to minimize outside legal expenses.
- Manage all standard company contracts, including employment agreements, client contracts and vendor agreements
- Manage and support the Client Contract department
- Support the Human Resources department with potential employment issues
- Oversee regulatory compliance and risk management
- JD Degree from and accredited Law School and member in good standing with a state bar
- Three to five years of corporate law experience with public law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Strong negotiating and communication skills, including the ability to communicate concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to identify potential issues that could arise out of a business initiative
- Ability to evaluate risk, advise various business units of the risks and exercise sound legal judgment
- Team player who can also work independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a solution-oriented approach to legal issues