MedPro Blog

Immigrating to the U.S. to Become a Travel Healthcare Professional

If you’re a nurse or a speech, physical or occupational therapist and have considered traveling to the U.S to work as a traveling nurse or therapist, read below to learn more about the benefits of doing so and what you can expect in the process.

First of all, we want you to rest assured that recruiters and staffing specialists at MedPro Healthcare Staffing are expert in all aspects of the credentialing and immigration process for foreign healthcare professionals. We’ve helped hundreds of foreign professionals come to work and live in America and we’ll take care of all the credentialing and other requirements necessary to get you working here.

Among the credentials/certificates therapy professionals will need are:

  • A review of your FCCPT credentials as well as a visa screen
  • Licensure in the state(s) in which you’ll work. Physical therapists will need to prepare for the NPTE
  • Preparation for the TOEFL iBT
  • H-1B sponsorship

Nurses will need to arrange for a work visa and/or “green card” (we can help you with that).

Once you’ve made arrangements and received your work visa, your recruiter will arrange for you to travel to our headquarters in Sunrise, Florida (about 15 miles west of Fort Lauderdale and 50 minutes north of Miami) to finish up your orientation.

Your orientation with MedPro will take place in a classroom and will help you make your way and practice in the United States’ healthcare system.

Once you have received a work visa, we’ll arrange for your travel to Florida to complete orientation here in our Ft. Lauderdale office. MedPro’s orientation program consists of classroom training that will prepare you to practice your profession within the U.S. healthcare system. While in orientation you’ll meet and spend time with your relationship manager and other team members.

You should know that you will never have to go through this alone; we’ll assign you a relationship manager who will be there to answer any and all questions and concerns you may have at any time during your travel assignment.

In addition, one of our in-house staff members is a licensed immigration attorney, so any questions of a working-status or immigration nature will be answered quickly and at no charge to you.

Are you a foreign nursing or therapy professional looking to travel to the U.S and do even more travelling within the country on traveling assignments? Then contact a recruiter at MedPro Healthcare Staffing. For more information on the how you can become a healthcare professional in the United States, visit our foreign healthcare professionals page.