This is an important message to all our Explorers who are currently in Florida. As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida, the team here at MedPro is letting you know that your safety and well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Please read the following information regarding your assignment:
- You are instructed to get guidance from your immediate supervisor in terms of safety precautions and clear expectations of duties that need to be performed before, during, or after the hurricane.
- Each healthcare facility has its own policy regarding hurricane safety and preparedness, which may or may not include the facility being on lockdown.
- Rest assured that a hospital is one of the safest places to be during the incidence of a hurricane.
- If there is a power or cell phone outage and you have an emergency, please call the MedPro Emergency Line at 800-886-8108 for assistance.
- Be advised that your payroll will be processed per usual, and there will be no lapse in payment.
Please take proper precautions to keep yourself and your family safe. The following supplies are vital to having your own hurricane preparedness kit:
- One gallon of water per person, per day (for a minimum of three days)
- Non-perishable food items like canned soup, canned fruits and veggies, powdered milk, dried fruit, individually packaged drinks, cereal, cookies, crackers, peanut butter, coffee or tea, and canned meats and fish.
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- A First-Aid Kit
- Extra cell phone batteries (that are fully charged)
- Baby wipes and garbage bags
- Whistle to signal for help
- Prescription and non-prescription medication
- Baby supplies like diapers and formula
- Pet food
- A full tank of gas in your car
- Family documents and important personal documents
- Paper plates, cups, and utensils
- Books and other activities for children
If you need any help while you prepare for Hurricane Irma, please visit the National Hurricane Center to understand more about hurricane preparedness and safety.
Caring for others is just a part of our company’s beliefs, and it will always be a part of the fibers that make up who we are.
Stay safe and be well!
MedPro Healthcare Staffing