Technology makes it possible to have an interview “in person” without leaving your house. Using the camera on your computer, you can speak “face to face” with a hiring manager anywhere in the world. And if you’re a foreign nurse wondering how to find shine in your interview, it just takes preparation for your video interview—almost the same way you’d prepare for an in-person interview. Just follow these five tried-and-true tips from healthcare industry staffing expert, MedPro Healthcare Staffing.
Once you’ve found great nursing jobs and landed an interview, you can do your very best by following these five tips:
- Be ready. Get the name of the company for which you’re interviewing and read about them online. Look for press releases, reviews and other information. This helps you formulate questions to ask during your video interview. Remember, your interview is not only an opportunity for the hiring manager to learn more about you, but for you to learn more about the facility and job. To prepare, it’s helpful to practice your answers to common travel nurse interview questions so you’re feeling confident and ready to go.
- Find a clutter-free, quiet spot for your interview. Unlike a phone interview, you can’t hide your surroundings from a video—be sure to choose a clean, quiet spot where you can speak with the hiring manager. Minimize all interruptions and be sure to have soft lighting available, such as a lamp on your desktop—overhead lights can be harsh.
- Test your equipment. You’ll need a computer or mobile device with a camera. Be sure your equipment is charged up or plugged in, and always keep the charging cord nearby, just in case. Do a test run before your interview to be sure the camera is working properly.
- Dress the part. In a video interview, you can’t hide your appearance like you can with a phone interview. So get ready just as you would for an in-person interview: take a shower, do your hair and get dressed up. Pretend you’re on your way into the office.
- Remember to smile. A positive attitude helps prove to the interviewer that you’re friendly and confident. All of these traits will help you succeed at your travel allied job—so why not get a jumpstart by practicing how often you smile?
Looking to find a great recruiter?
Contact MedPro Healthcare Staffing! We work with international travel RNs to find placements in the best cities for nurses. Plus, we work hard to ensure a smooth transition to the states and all the support you need for success. To learn more, contact us today or apply below!
Keep Reading! Related Articles to Explore: