Looking for a travel RN placement? You can set yourself ahead by working with a recruiter. Your travel nurse recruiter is an invaluable partner in your job search, and can help you find placements in the best cities for travel nurses. You can get ahead of the competition with some helpful tips from MedPro Healthcare Staffing!
Get yourself on track to your next travel RN assignment with the following:
- Spice up your LinkedIn profile. One of the top resources of travel nurse job candidates is through social media. So if your LinkedIn page is up-to-date and recruiter-friendly, you’ll have a much better chance of helping a recruiter find you. To do this, be sure the job title in your profile uses a common industry name a recruiter will be searching for. Your overview is just as important and should include keywords that travel nurse jobs have in common. Also, be sure to list all your relevant job experiences, as well as your education and certifications.
- Perfect your resume. Travel nurse recruiters must sift through piles of resumes in search of the right candidates for open positions. To help yourself find a travel nurse job, it’s important to make your resume easy to scan quickly for key information. Include a clear objective and well-organized job experience section, with the most relevant positions listed first. Organize information using bullets and short sentences.
- Reach out on LinkedIn. Many travel RN recruiters are open to contact on social media sites such as LinkedIn. If you’re trying to find a travel nurse job and locate a recruiter on social media, it’s OK to send a message to say hello and introduce yourself.
- Be your very best self. If you’re new to a partnership with a recruiter, remember that they don’t yet know you or your qualifications. This is a new, strategic partner you’ll need to impress. Be sure to stay professional and courteous in all your interactions.
- Always return a recruiter’s call. Travel nurse recruiters make their livelihood by fitting hospitals with highly qualified travel nurses. As recruiters scour the internet and candidate databases looking for the perfect fit, they may reach out to you. If this happens, it’s safe to say your chances of getting the job are good; you’ve already been prescreened! When a recruiter leaves you a message or emails you, always get back to them.
Be confident and put yourself out there!
The next step to finding a travel RN position is having confidence in your skills and reaching out. By building a recruiter relationship, you’ll be that much closer to your next travel RN assignment.
MedPro Healthcare Staffing can help!
We work with travel nurses to find placements you’ll love in cities across the country. Plus, our red carpet MedPro Experience is second to none, helping you get settled and enjoy every travel nurse placement. To learn more and get connected with an experienced recruiter, contact MedPro today at 1-800-866-8108, or apply below.
Want to read more? Check out our past blogs: