If you’re an experienced emergency room RN (acute care ER setting) with at least two years of recent ER experience, take a look at the travel nurse position we have available at one of our top healthcare clients in Alabama.
To be considered for this opportunity you must have an active RN license as well as a degree from an accredited nursing program. You may need to have PALS & TNCC, BLS/BCLS and ACLS (talk to your MedPro recruiter for specifics). You also need to have two years of recent experience in an acute care ER setting.
Your duties will include advanced cardiac monitoring and care of emergent and non-emergency patients. You’ll be making full assessments of patients, so you’ll need thorough knowledge of normal versus abnormal findings. You’ll then report any abnormal findings to a physician or charge nurse.
You’ll need excellent critical skills in order to provide the appropriate intervention for urgent or emergent care as you take care of acute and chronically ill patients.
To learn where this position is located in Alabama, contact one of our recruiters.
While we can’t tell you how much this ER RN travel nurse position pays, Indeed.com reports that the average salary for an ER RN nurse in Alabama is $64,000 (as of June 12).
Please keep in mind that as a traveler your hourly per diem rate will be higher than that of an ER nurse who works in one ER full time.
In fact, higher pay is just one benefit of working as a travel nurse. Additional perks of working as a traveler for MedPro Healthcare Staffing include (but are not limited to):
- A schedule that works around your needs, not the healthcare facility’s. (Work for 13 weeks on an assignment, take a few weeks off; work for 13 more weeks on assignment. Repeat.)
- You’ll receive paid-for housing in a safe and modern apartment, with plenty of amenities (such as a pool and/or gym facilities).
- If you prefer to find housing on your own, we provide you with a substantial housing stipend.
- We provide group health insurance benefits via Aetna
- You’ll be reimbursed for applicable travel costs.
- We can help you receive licensure and we’ll reimburse the cost of the license.
- We provide life and disability insurance (company-paid).
- MedPro offers a matching 401(k) retirement savings program.
- We also offer referral bonuses to our travelers.