You want to stay in shape, but with a busy schedule, you may not always have the time to spend an hour or more in the gym. What can you do to stay fit without using up too much time? Here are a few tips for some different ways to stay in shape.
- Take the stairs. This is just another way of saying do something physical rather than taking the easy way. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you have to go somewhere close, walk or ride a bicycle instead of taking the car.
- Do exercises at your desk. No, you don’t have to do jumping jacks or push-ups. But there are a number of simple stretching exercises you can do to reenergize yourself while sitting in your chair.
- Take a lunchtime walk. Instead of sitting, get out and get some exercise during lunch.
- This is an excellent way to relieve stress and stay mentally sharp. All you need are 10-15 minutes each day.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. It’s not that hard to do. Get up a few minutes earlier and have oatmeal and a grapefruit or whole wheat toast instead of grabbing a donut and coffee on the way out the door.
- Take a walk. It doesn’t have to be long. Research has shown that walking for as little as 10 to 15 minutes can have significant health benefits.
- Eat healthy at work. Again, instead of reaching for that mid-afternoon Snickers bar, have an apple or some carrots instead.
- Get enough sleep. Do not overlook sleep. It is just as important as diet and exercise. You need at least seven hours each night.
- Take a nap. You may not be able to do this at the office, but when you can, it is a great way to reenergize your body and your mind. It doesn’t have to be long, 20 minutes can work wonders.
- Stand up and walk around occasionally. You should not sit at your desk for long periods of time. At least every hour, you should get up and walk around to get the blood flowing and give yourself an energy boost.
- Do deep breathing. This is also an excellent way to relieve stress and help you get focused. Simply breathe in slowly for a count of four, hold for a count of two, and breathe out again for a count of four.
- Quick exercises at home. There are a number of exercises you can do at home that will give your muscles a very good workout. Push-ups, dips and planks are good examples.
If you are looking for a top-notch travel healthcare staffing agency that really cares about its people and offers personalized service, check out MedPro Healthcare Staffing. We are a Joint Commission-certified agency offering a variety of employment options to meet your needs. Give us a call today.
Search and apply for your next travel assignment below: